Thursday, December 15, 2016

Sketch of a Seahorse, Art Sketches Daily, December 15 Sketchbook...



Here is a sketch of a seahorse.  I love seahorses!  I'm not sure why it was hanging out upside down in my reference, but I decided to sketch it as shown...  It is in my tiny sketchbook that measures 3.5x5.5 inches.   I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 15.  

This is a sketch in colored pencils.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.  I will be juxtaposing my usual rough sketches with the colored pencil sketches at varying intervals.  I tend to sketch very lightly, so these and my usual pencil ones are darkened a bit in photoshop for online viewing.

7 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I love seahorses, too, they are such funny little creatures Great sketch! Hugs, Valerie

Magic Love Crow said...

It is so cute upside down! Love the sketch! Big Hugs!!!

Christine said...

Very nice sketch maybe they hang upside down sometimes!

Anonymous said...

This sketch was a bit light. I had to adjust the colors. (just to inform you)

Jennifer Rose said...

can't see it :( too light

NatureFootstep said...

hard to see for me too :( But I got the idea. :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much, sorry I didn't adjust it dark enough for some monitors, if I get a chance I'll maybe try to darken the actual sketch and re-scan and re-darken. My initial lines tend to be very soft.