Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My Photograph of a Candy Cane Rose at Huntington Gardens + December Sketches Art, Day 21 Sketch, Big Eye Fairy...



I took this photograph of a rose at Huntington Gardens a while back.  It reminded me of Christmas and striped candies...  I think the actual name of the rose is "Rock and Roll."  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!  Also, happy winter solstice!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

=============================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She looks a bit like she might be up to something...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 21.  

This is a rough sketch.  

8 comments:

Christine said...

Wow on this rose, stunning! Your maiden's very sweet!

Jennifer Rose said...

Looks like a Candy Cane rose, they are very pretty :)
nice little detail to her eyes :)

Anonymous said...

If you know about the meaning of a rose's color, this rose might be an interesting art subject

Magyar said...

Sketch a day_!
__ Thoughtful Christmas... to you and yours Lisa_!

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy winter solstice to you too!

I love this photograph, the colours are perfect.
Lots of good wishes for the Christmas Season.

All the best Jan

Valerie-Jael said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Christine, Jennifer, Martin, Magyar, Jan, and Valerie-Jael!

Magic Love Crow said...

Candy Cane rose, so beautiful!
Your gothic maiden rocks!
Big Hugs!