Monday, December 5, 2016

My Photograph of an Anemone Flower at Huntington Gardens + December Sketches Art, Day 5 Sketch, Big Eye Fairy Angel...



I took this photograph of an anemone flower at Huntington Gardens a while back.  The colors are so amazing in this flower, I was so moved by it...  I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

====================================================


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She looks perhaps a little miffed...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a goddess or a mermaid.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 5.

This is a rough sketch.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The photo is lovely, anemones are such lovely flowers. And your sketch is great, as always. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

oh wow I love the colours on the anemone. And a nice hairstyle on your maiden today Lisa!

Anonymous said...

I love the flower, but I'm more impressed by the maiden. She draws one in

Magyar said...

__ Color is grand, but... the B/W sketches bring a different, and often deeper perspective; nifty. _m

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Martin, and Magyar!

Jennifer Rose said...

love the colours in the flower :D

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous flower!! Love your maiden! I love her look!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Jennifer and Stacy!