Friday, December 16, 2016

WIP Big Eye Latina Maiden Art Original Painting Work in Progress + December Sketches, Sketch 16, Camellia Flower...



In this original work in progress WIP big eye maiden painting I've completed her background; I love clouds.  I'm going to try for a warm Latina skin tone for this angel fairy, but I still have wings and eyes to go before I reach that point...

This big eyed beauty is on an 8"x10" canvas in acrylics.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

=================================================


Here is a sketch of a camellia flower.  One of the beautiful qualities of camellias is that they bloom in the winter here in California...  I'm unsure if I'll paint it or not, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in December.  This is day 16.  

This is a rough sketch.

19 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The cloudy background is fantastic, love the camellia sketch, too. Hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

great start on the WIP and a beautiful flower sketch!

NatureFootstep said...

the sky looks promising. I think the woman will too. :)

Jennifer Rose said...

The background looks really nice :)

ann @ studiohyde said...

Looking forward to seeing your completed painting, great start with the clouds.

Lowcarb team member said...

Camellia's are such a lovely flower - I do like your sketch.
I just wonder what colour you would choose if you should colour it?

All the best Jan

Anonymous said...

You choice of backgrounds works well even with an unfinished beauty

Laney said...

The background in gorgeous! Love your big eyed girls!

sirkkis said...

Fabulous blue background for your enchanting maiden.
Happy weekend to you ❤

carol l mckenna said...

She looks like an angel ~ great sketch and lovely flower sketch ~ thanks,

Wishing you peace in your days ~ ^_^

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I think the background will be amazing!!

Have a Merry Christmas :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much for your sweet and thoughtful words!

artbyjune said...

The background clouds look terrific!

Giggles said...

Oh I love those clouds too...so fluffy and pretty!

Hugs Giggles

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks June and Giggles!

Lynn Cohen said...

Nice sketching. Look forward to more.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Lynn!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is looking amazing Lisa!! Love your flower!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you so much Stacy!