Thursday, September 10, 2015

29 Faces, Face 10, Gothic Angel Fairy Big Eye Sketch + Little Owl (Athene noctua) Original Bird Painting Website Update...



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  Her eyes are closed in contemplation...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be mermaid or goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.  

She is face 10 for 29 faces in September.  The goal is to share 29 faces in the month of September. 



Now Up on My Website!  
"Owlie" Original 10"x13" Painting, Open Edition 8"x10" Giclee Prints & Limited Edition Giclee ACEO Prints Here

"Owlie" is a Little Owl (Athene noctua).  He is a friend to the goddess Athena, I was painting her and a different owl, but this little one insisted on being painted as well...  The original is painted directly on a wooden plank.  Due to the unusual format of the piece, the prints have a wooden bark background that you may see on my website.  The art has a realist impressionist feel.  This piece is available as an original, as prints, and Limited Edition ACEOs! 

My website at http://www.lisarusso.com/ has more art available, including additional birds in the assorted art section!

Every week on Tuesday, I try to list a small original, some giclee art prints, and giclee LE ACEO prints at promotional prices. Visit here to see what I have available this week! 

5 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely contemplative girl and a sweet owl Lisa!

Jennifer Rose said...

very cute little owl :)

Unknown said...

oh how you add character to these wonderful faces, and he is just the cutest

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Christine, Jennifer, and Lorraine! I love painting birds!

Anonymous said...

I like that her eyes are closed, she doesn't reveal anything!

Oh, Owlie, awww!