Sunday, September 20, 2015

29 Faces, Face 20, Gothic Fairy Angel Big Eye Sketch Art...



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  For today, I took one (sketch 5 from an earlier week) that I felt needed improvement greatly and with the input of Alex of The Darker Side of Passion I did a second sketch of her.  I paid more attention to her details.  I look at the challenge as an opportunity to sketch more frequently then usual.  Not every sketch ends up being my best work, but I also enjoy going back and improving some of my efforts.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.

She is face 20 for 29 faces in September.  The goal is to share 29 faces in the month of September.


I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

good job with your sketch redoing work is how we grow as artists :)

Christine said...

love her eyes!

Anonymous said...

That's so true, practice, practice and then more practicing, that's the only way we can improve ourselves. Sometimes is such a nuisance, especially for me since I'm quite impatient!

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderfully done ~ She is beautiful with her big eyes!

Happy Week to you,
artmusedog and carol

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Jennifer, Christine, susupetal, and carol! I tend to be impatient too, but I am always striving to improve.

Alexandra MacVean said...

I really like your fairy angel, Lisa. LOVE the gentle expression on her face in this one. She's lovely! :)