Sunday, September 27, 2015

29 Faces, Face 27, John Everrett Millais Study for Mariana Inspired Sketch Art...



Thus far on Sundays for the challenge, I've posted a revised sketch, but that's typically with the input of Alex of The Darker Side of Passion.  However in addition to being the person I bounce art ideas off of, he's also my tech support, for which I am also intensely thankful.  It has been a very tech issue filled week so I decided instead to do a study.  This is actually a study of a study.  John Everrett Millais of the Pre-Raphaelite movement did the "Study for Mariana" that inspired this sketch.  I don't intend to paint her, it's been a while since I've done a master inspired sketch and I definitely think this may warrant a redraw at some point...

She is face 27 for 29 faces in September.  The goal is to share 29 faces in the month of September.


I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:

7 comments:

Christine said...

Very nice work Lisa!

Wanda said...

I like the way you have her looking over her shoulder.....impressive.

SusuPetal said...

Her pose is stunning, so expressive, evocative.

(I seem to have problems leaving my comment with wordpress-profile, trying with the old blogger-profile)

Fallingladies said...

Nice job with your study of a study, sounds fun!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Christine, Wanda, SusuPetal, and Fallingladies!

Alexandra MacVean said...

I know this must sound old but I'm always drawn to the eyes of your gals. This one says a lot about her. Will you be adding more detail to her? Thank you for sharing with us. :)

Lisabella Russo said...

That's really sweet Alexandra! I'm not sure, she's a study of a study, so I'm not sure if I'll go any further with this one.