Sunday, May 1, 2016

Art Sketch of Some Spring Flowers, Potential Background for Lamb Painting, May 1 Daily Sketch...



Here is a sketch of some spring flowers.  The delicate daffodils and pansies may be the background / foreground for my lamb painting or I may go with something simpler.  I haven't made a decision yet.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 1.

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:

13 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

a simple little lamb would work well with the flowers :)

Christine said...

lovely spring flowers, nice as is!

Anonymous said...

excellent idea...

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Great minds think alike! I went with a floral this week too. Blessings!

genie said...

Wherever you place the pansies and daffs will be perfect. Your piece is going to be so pretty. Good luck with your sketch a day for the month. I was going to post one photo each day for a year on my other blog, and I only made it a little over 3 months. I am drawing each day, but I do not think I could compete a picture a day. I am wishing you good luck with your project. Happy sketching and painting. genie

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love the rough sketch, Lisa :)

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely and so elegant a sketch ~ can't wait for the lamb ~

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much. I'm not entirely sure that will be my background, I may go with something simpler, but now I am also wanting to paint daffodils and pansies at some point...

Serena Lewis said...

Good luck with your May sketches...you are off to a great start! :)

stefanie stark said...

I love it how you have arranged the delicate daffodils. A quote in the centre would look great too!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Serena and Stefanie!

Magic Love Crow said...

So delicate and pretty! Happy May!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Lisa, your Spring flowers are oh so lovely. It's wonderful to see the other things you sketch as well as your sweet gals. Hope to see you color this one. :)