Friday, May 6, 2016

WIP Gothic Big Eye Fairy Angel Art Original Painting Work in Progress + May Sketches, Sketch 6, Happy Kitten...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP big eye gothic maiden painting I've been working on her ever so pale skin...  Next I'll be moving on to her eyebrows and eyelashes.  I haven't decided yet if I'll do her eye makeup before her lips, I'm hoping to do something quite interesting with her makeup.  She is likely a fairy angel.  This is an 8"x10" painting on gallery wrapped canvas.  


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:
http://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/


Here is a sketch of a big eyed kitten.  This cat seems to be very pleased.  I doubt I will paint him, but I did enjoy sketching him.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 6.  

This is a rough sketch.

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your eyes are always so mesmerizing, so beautiful. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

can't wait to see her finished! And such a cute kitty!

Lynn Cohen said...

Delightfully drawn big eyed art!!! Wishing you another creative week ahead.

Jennifer Rose said...

cute kitty and your painting is looking good, nice skin tones :)

Faye said...

You do such gorgeous eyes, Lisa. Even the cat has beautiful eyes.

sirkkis said...

There is always something special in the eyes you draw.
Happy wekend xx

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Valerie-Jael, Christine, Lynn, Jennifer, Faye, and sirkkis!

Neesie said...

Amazing eyes Lisa, she's going to be absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see her progress. It's like she's slowly coming alive.
The cat certainly looks like he's had the cream!
Happy PPF to you

Giggles said...

Love that fairy, amazing eyes! Love the expression on the cat so unique and fun! Great job!

Hugs Giggles

Anonymous said...

I'm not an artist, but you may have hit on something

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Ooh, the eyes - wow - so big and beautiful and deep. I love their turquoise color.
The kitty is very cute. I love the idea of doing a sketch every day and I am definitely working on that, because practice really makes you improve a lot.
Happy PPF on a Sunday!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Neesie, Giggles, Martin, and Claudia!

Nadya said...

I always enjoy seeing paintings develop! The kitty does look like it's been into the cream, and yoUr eyes are so entrancing!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Nadya, it's definitely a happy kitty!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting is coming along beautifully Lisa! And, I love your big eyed kitten! Too cute!