Friday, May 20, 2016

WIP Gothic Big Eye Fairy Angel Art Original Painting Work in Progress + May Sketches, Sketch 20, Angel Fish...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP big eye gothic fantasy painting, I've painted her features and I've been working on her shading.  I think she will also have some drips from her mascara, but I've yet to paint that.  She will also have very dark hair.  I wanted to paint her because I saw sadness with a bit of hope in her, she's a bit different from most of my maidens, but I think it's important to explore at times.  This is an 8"x10" painting on gallery wrapped canvas. 


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:


Here is a sketch of an angel fish.  I'm looking for fish to hang out in the hair of one of my mermaids, I'm not sure if this one is the one though.  He does look a bit lonely on his own, they mainly travel in groups, well, schools...  If I do use him, I'll sketch him some other fish to be with him in her hair.  Thanks Jennifer for the fun idea!  She posts a lot of excellent sketches on her blog here if you'd like to take a look.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 20.

This is a rough sketch.

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your maiden is gorgeous, as is the fish. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

your maiden will be so beautiful! And can't wait to see the fish style, this one's so well done.

Fran said...

Beautiful eyes. She will be wonderful.

Robin said...

Your Gothic Angel will be beautiful. She already looks so sweet and innocent, altho' I bet she won't look too innocent after she is done. I love your cute little fish and the idea of having fish in the mermaid's hair. That would look great. I know however you finish up the Gothic Angel and the fish for the mermaid, they will be absolutely amazing. Your drawings and color choices are always spot on. Thanks for sharing your WIP. Hope she will be posted next Friday? Have a wonderful weekend and an even better week! Hugs, Rasz

sirkkis said...

Wow, she is magical! Love the bird, too.
Happy weekend xx

DVArtist said...

Lisa this girl is amazing. Something a bit different with the eyes. Very intriguing. I so enjoy your art. It is full of fun and mystery. Have a very nice weekend.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Both of these are out-of-this-world amazing...

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very very much! I'm not sure when I'll finish her, I usually post finished pieces for the first time on Tuesdays, but I'm not sure if I'll be done with her by then...

Anonymous said...

simply love that look... so deep...

Jennifer Rose said...

thanks for the shout out :)

your fish sketch looks good a bunch of them would look neat :)

Beth Niquette said...

What lovely work!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your painting has so much feeling in it Lisa! I love her! Your fish is adorable! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Martin, Jennifer, Beth, and Stacy!