Wednesday, May 4, 2016

My Photograph of a Spring Flowers at Descanso Gardens + May Sketches Art, Day 4, Angel Fairy...



I took this photograph of these spring flowers at Descanso Gardens.  There are tulips and poppies and I'm not certain of the names of the rest.  In many of my photos, I focus on close ups, but this view was so pretty I could not resist.  We're past the point where these spring blossoms bloom there, but I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She glances sweetly upwards with most of her hair swept up...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 4.

This is a rough sketch.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely flowers (pic & paintings!!!) and a wonderful sketch! Seems that you're having fun!
Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

She's right. "Flowers couldn't compare to the one flower."

sandy said...

Beautiful clematis painting below and I love these flowers from the "gardens".

Christine said...

love that photo, wish that was my view outside! It's getting there though.

Pretty hairstyle on your maiden today Lisa.

Jennifer Rose said...

very pretty maiden and nice flower photo :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Michelle, Martin, Sandy, Christine, and Jennifer!

Magic Love Crow said...

The flower photo is so pretty!!! I love your maiden! She is precious!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much Stacy!