Sunday, May 22, 2016

Sketch of a Big Eye Gothic Angel, May 22, Art Sketches Daily...



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  I think she has a sweet expression and I loved sketching her hair.  I've always loved that look with the bangs, but couldn't really pull it off well when I gave it a try...  I think she is most likely an angel fairy, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 22.

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Studio Kaufmann said...

It is fun to try a sketch a day and I love your wide eyed fairy.

Christine said...

Another lovely hairstyle Lisa! Pretty eyes she has too.

stefanie stark said...

You are so talented in drawing the pretty gothic maidens! It's lovely portrait!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Studio Kaufmann, Christine, and Stefanie! I enjoy sketching them so much...

Jennifer Rose said...

really lovely sketch :D

Anonymous said...

suggested tittle - "Invitation to a Kiss"

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your big eyed gothic maiden is so lovely. I like her lips on this one. :) Good luck with your daily drawing challenge! :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Jennifer, Martin, and Alexandra! I think that would be a wonderful title if I paint her, thank you Martin.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love her expression! I agree, very sweet!

Magic Love Crow said...

I think you should paint her!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Stacy! I'll definitely think about it, she does have a certain allure...

Serena Lewis said...

Nice work, Lisa! Very expressive. :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you very much Serena!