Wednesday, May 18, 2016

My Photograph of a Hummingbird at Descanso Gardens + May Sketches Art, Day 18 Sketch, Orchid Flower...



I took this photograph of this emerald green hummingbird at Descanso Gardens.  I am unsure of the name of the white flowers it is drinking from, but it liked them a lot.  Hummingbirds move so very fast that I feel very lucky when I capture one on camera.  They are always a joy to me to see... I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint birds and flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.



Here is a sketch of an orchid.  Orchids are one of my favorite flowers, there's an incredibly diverse range to these lovely flowers...  I doubt I'll paint it, but I did enjoy sketching it.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 18.  

This is a rough sketch.

9 comments:

Christine said...

lovely capture of the hummingbird, not easy to do! Your orchid is beautiful too Lisa.

Jennifer Rose said...

great capture of the hummingbird :D they are very hard to get a photo of if you are not prepared

pretty orchid sketch :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful photo and beautiful sketch, I love Orchids too, and you're right in saying there are so many kinds, its amazing isn't it,

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Christine, Jennifer, and Laurie! Hummingbirds are a favorite of mine as are orchids...

Anonymous said...

there is something enticing about the flower sketch

Magic Love Crow said...

My mom's favourite bird! Beautiful photo Lisa! Your flower sketch is so pretty!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Martin and Stacy!

sandy said...

another reminder that I want to visit descanzo soon.

Always enjoy your big eyed fairy girls and other art.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Sandy, Descanso is a wonderful place to visit...