Saturday, May 21, 2016

Sketch of a Big Eye Gothic Fairy, May 21, Art Sketches Daily...



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  Some angles are difficult with really big eyes and this is one of them, but I loved the model's amazing hair...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I doubt I'll paint her, but this did give me the idea for another painting with a less extreme angle of the face.

I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 21.

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

7 comments:

Christine said...

Oh I love her hair!

DVArtist said...

Good morning. I love this hair too! A sketch a day in May, you have been doing very well. Have a very nice Sunday.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Christine and Nicole! I am very much enjoying the daily sketching...

Anonymous said...

I know she can see me admiring her, even though she's looking away

Lisabella Russo said...

That could very well be true Martin!

Magic Love Crow said...

She rocks Lisa!!!!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you most kindly Stacy!