Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sketch of Two Angel Fish, May 29 Art Sketches Daily...



Here is a sketch of a couple more angel fish for one of my mermaid's hair.  Before I started sketching them, I thought they were identical, but as I sketched different ones, I saw subtle differences.  Sometimes I feel like to truly see something, I must draw it...  I think I need to sketch perhaps one more of these fish and then I can put them together in photoshop with my mermaid sketch.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 29.  

This is a rough sketch.  You may see some of my finished paintings at lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Christine said...

your angel fish are so pretty, would be so nice to see them coloured in.

Jennifer Rose said...

your fish look nice :) look more natural not being identical :)

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your angel fish are so sweet! They definitely each have their own unique personalities. Happy Sunday Sketches!

Beth Macre said...

Love your angel fish! I've drawn many fish myself and love to draw them!

carol l mckenna said...

Delightful sketches of an angel fish ~

Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much, I will be incorporating them into a painting, but I found a few more potential reference images that have slights different angles that I'd like to try before I decide which fish are going to be part of the painting.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Fish in a dream

Alexandra MacVean said...

Your angel fish are so sweet. Love those. I used to raise angel fish and it was hard after the mother gave birth. One almost had to stay up all night to keep an eye out and immediately separate the babies or the parents would attack and kill them. Quite awful. Beautiful fish, though. Looking forward to seeing these pretties colored in. :)

genie said...

This may be what you call your rough sketch", but I think it is wonderful. Your little fish are so sweet. They look like sweethearts. genie

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Martin, Alexandra, and genie! I didn't know that about angel fish Alexandra. I've done a couple more sketches, I'm considering painting one solo...

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful Angel fish Lisa! I just read what Alexandra wrote! Wow, never knew that!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Stacy, I had no idea either...