Friday, May 13, 2016

WIP Lamb Animal Art Original Painting Work in Progress + May Sketches, Sketch 13, Fairy Angel...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP lamb painting, I've started work on the background.  This is my second layer, but definitely not my last.  I sort of like what's going on on the top portion of the background, but I want it to be a little warmer, to better compliment the lamb.  One of the lovely things about acrylics is how quickly it's possible to make changes...  This is an 8"x10" painting on panel. 


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:



Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She seems to be staring at something with great interest.  I loved her cute hair style...  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be an mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 13.

This is a rough sketch.

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

I think the lamb will be wonderful. The sketch is great, too, well done on keeping up with your plan. Happy PPF, Hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

they are both such promising wips and will be gorgeous when finished!

Jennifer Rose said...

nice start to the lamb painting :) and another great hair do on your maiden :)

Christine said...

Your lamb's coming in nicely Lisa, and a cute pixie hairstyle on your maiden!

Julie said...

I just love acrylic to work with. You can play with layers and working quickly is my style. I just don't have the patience for oils! Loving your girls eyes.

carol l mckenna said...

Love the lamb so expressive and the big eyed girl is always delightful!

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

Magic Love Crow said...

Your little lamb is so precious! And, I love your big eyed girl's hair!!!

Fran said...

Adorable lamb.Eager to see the finished one.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much! I have quite a ways to go with the lamb yet, but I am happy to have put some paint down at this point...

Anonymous said...

Love the lamb's minimalism.
Arlene sported a simalar style in the 90's

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks Martin! I think the hair is a cute look.

Giggles said...

Love your big eyed maiden she has such great hair!! And the lamb will be sooo sweet!!

Hugs Giggles

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so much Giggles!

Irene Rafael said...

Great goal to sketch every day this month. The maiden is captivating. No need to paint her until the sketch longs for color. Love the lamb too! Have a lovely week.
~~ Irene

Tracey FK said...

your pencil work is amazing... please accept my apologies for being late for PPf visits ... again!!!