Friday, May 27, 2016

WIP Lamb Animal Art Original Painting Work in Progress + May Sketches, Sketch 27, Mermaid...



In this original acrylic work in progress WIP painting of a lamb, I've changed the background.  It is now warmer than it was, however it isn't showing its true colors in the scan.  I still have quite a ways to go with this painting, I've blocked in the lambs fur, but I have lots of shading and details to add.  The eye that is showing is pretty much done though.  When I finish this piece, I'll try to take a photograph of it in the hopes of getting an image that reflects the true colors of the background better.  This is an 8"x10" painting on panel.  I'm still working on "Pandora" from last week, I'm hoping to have her done for Tuesday, although that may be the last time I list an original on ebay for a while.


This is a work in progress, but I also usually post at least one finished piece on Tuesdays if you'd like to come to visit!  You also may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.

I'm joining in this week with Paint Party Friday.  To see more participants, please visit:


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  Her long hair is flowing around her.  I think she is most likely a mermaid, although she could also be an angel fairy or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 27.

This is a rough sketch.

17 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

the eye on the lamb looks good :) and nice flowing hair on the maiden :)

Christine said...

your sweet little lamb is coming along beautifully. Love your maiden's flowing hair!

Giggles said...

The lamb is precious and love the legs tucked under too!
Wonderful work!

Hugs Giggles

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, I am looking forward to seeing the lamb finished. Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

such an adorable lamb,, your big eye signature painting style fits a lamb perfectly!
Beautiful sketching as well,,

sirkkis said...

Gotic maiden is beautiful and the lamb magical.
Have a happy weekend 🌞

DVArtist said...

Ohhh I really love this big eye's lamb. Have a very nice weekend.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely little lamb ~ love the eye ~ you do them so well ~ gorgeous work!

Happy Weekend to you ~ ^_^

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

While the lamb is coming along beautifully, I really like your big eyed maidens and sketches. They are gorgeous.

Happy PPF on a Saturday!

Linda Kunsman said...

always fun to see your wips and then the finished paintings, and I really love your style of painted big eyes-just beautiful!

Fran said...

Adorable little lamb.

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very much for your sweet words on my lamb and maiden!

Anonymous said...

You have captured peace with the lamb.
Everything about the maiden is drawn to something

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you so much Martin, peace with the lamb is definitely something I am aiming for.

minnemie said...

The eye is so well done - So alive! Can't wait to see the painting completed. 27 days of sketching - good job!!

Magic Love Crow said...

Your lamb is so precious Lisa!!! Love! And, I love your maiden sketch! Love her flowing hair! Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much minnemie and Stacy!