Wednesday, May 25, 2016

My Photograph of Light Purple Bearded Irises at Descanso Gardens + May Sketches Art, Day 25 Sketch, Fairy Angel...



I took this photograph of these lilac bearded irises at Descanso Gardens a while back.  These light purple flowers looked so beautiful to me nestled together... I hope that you will enjoy this photo!


I love to paint flowers, you may see some of my finished paintings at www.lisarusso.com if you'd like.


Here is a sketch of a big eyed gothic maiden.  She seems to be pondering something with her eyes are closed in deep concentration.  I think she is most likely a fairy angel, although she could also be a mermaid or a goddess.  I'm unsure if I'll paint her or not, but I did enjoy sketching her.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 25.

This is a rough sketch.

6 comments:

Christine said...

such a light purple, lovely! And your pensive maiden is beautiful!

Jennifer Rose said...

looks like sleeping beauty :)

very pretty flowers :)

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Christine and Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

The flower is lovely.
It looks like someone hurt her feelings

Magic Love Crow said...

Love the picture!! Lisa, your art is changing! I don't know how to explain it, but I have really noticed changes this year! Your girls are amazing!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thank you Martin, perhaps so. Thanks Stacy, I think the daily sketches have really been beneficial to my art.