Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day & a Sketch of a Bird, May 8, Art Sketches Daily...



Happy Mother's Day Wishes from this nesting dragon and from me at www.lisarusso.com!


The original painting is sold, but Open Edition 5"x7" Giclee Prints & Limited Edition Giclee ACEO Prints are available Here



Here is a sketch of a little bird.  My mother loves birds, I'm thinking of adding this little guy to her gifts, but it isn't a finished piece so I'm not sure...  I'm also unsure if I'll paint him or not, but I did enjoy sketching him.


I've decided to try and do a sketch a day in May.  This is day 8.

This is a rough sketch.

I am also participating in Sunday Sketches.  To view more Sunday Sketches, please visit:
http://bluechairdiary.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Victoria said...

Gorgeous dragon, what a beautiful soul, amazing art! What a beautiful bird, so charming..the perfect gift for her!
Fantastic pieces!
Have a magical day!
Victoria

Christine said...

sweet bird and a wonderful mom's day piece! Have a great day and hopefully with your mom!

genie said...

I have never liked dragons, but I love this one keeping its little dragon eggs warm and cozy. So many of the girls love their dragons so I am getting a new appreciation for them. Your bird sketch is beautiful. I know you mother would love it today. I need to try sketching one on a branch...that one would be a new one for me. Happy Mother's Day/

Jennifer Rose said...

both are very cute :D

Jane Lazenby ~ Artist said...

LOVe your bird sketch. You did amazing on him!! visiting from Sunday sketches. I hope you have a wonderful new week!!

Alexandra MacVean said...

I just love your blue dragon and am not surprised it's already sold. :) Your bird sketch is fantastic! Will you be coloring it? :) Hope you have a lovely week.

sheila 77 said...

Your bird is very skilfully drawn, I do like him very much.
Nice work with the colourful dragon too, will he look so gentle when he wakes up?

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks so very, very much! I don't know for certain if I'll be painting the bird. I think I would not want to wake up a nesting dragon at all!

Anonymous said...

the dragon is sleeping. the bird is singing. mean something?

Magic Love Crow said...

I love that dragon! I have that print! The bird is so cute! Big Hugs!

Lisabella Russo said...

Thanks very much Martin and Stacy! I don't think there's any particular connection between the two Martin.

Claudia W | ImagesByCW said...

Such a great sketch of the bird. And I really love your dragon - funny, I was thinking just the other day I should try a dragon. Maybe now is the time.